Hollywood Glamour Photography
Having my photo taken, in the style of a 1940’s Hollywood film star (see Lauren Bacall’s photo), is on my bucket list – the list of things I’d like to do before I die.
I thought about taking that goal off the list after having some photographs taken that I really liked. But now, after seeing what Darkman and Evie Lovelle came up with on their recent photo shoot, I’m moving that goal higher up on the list!
Darkman is a professional photographer who specializes in lighting.
Here’s his introduction to the video he made of the photo session he did with Evie Lovelle, a burlesque dancer with a really tiny waist.
“Evie came over and we talked and went over some ideas for the shoot and discussed the order in which we were going to do the outfits she brought.
I had her get into the first outfit and then did a quick video interview which is going to be on PinupoftheMonth.com, but I included a video here of us shooting and my messing with the lighting.
The equipment list for this shoot is as follows, no strobes were used at all, only Fresnel.”
I’m ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille
Stay Young from the inside out tip expressing your competence and creativity keeps you healthy, happy and feeling young.
Last week’s Stay Young from the inside out touched on the futility of making comparisons between ourselves and others. It made me think of my martial arts training.
Some of the guys I train with are graduating to blue belt. I feel like I’m being left behind. In fact, I’m not ready to get my blue belt yet. I could be miserable and sulk about it. There was a time in my life, when that would have been my choice – making everyone else miserable with my complaining about it.
But, with age comes wisdom.
I’ll earn my belt in my own time, not other people’s.
I found this quote on BeatSchindler.com
“Step number one: figure out what makes you stand out.
If you and the people who love you do not come up with an answer right away, decide what will make you stand out. The point is, get started, you can always make adjustments over time.
Consider getting a copy of Tom Rath’s “Strengths Finder” book.
Do not compare yourself to others – comparing is not strengths finding. A tulip is not the best tulip she can be by comparing herself to a rose. Just be yourself – besides, everybody else is already taken.
Being you, and knowing your strengths, is essential also in knowing when an opportunity (such as a promotion) is in fact an opportunity and when it would be a disservice to yourself.”
beatschindler.com, Personal Growth The Easy Way: Focus On Your Strengths, Mar 2010
Stay Young from the inside out blog carnival
Welcome to the March 14, 2010 edition of staying young – from the inside out. This week’s list is packed with useful, relevant and effective pathways to show us how to stay young from the inside out.
We have lists! 25 fitness gadgets, 80 effective exercises you can do at your desk, 50 interesting sports celebrities to follow on twitter, 25 secrets for a long life and 25 secrets to a good life. Do yourself and your heart a favor. Review these lists.
Choose a new habit to add into your life!
- Aparna presents Secrets of success posted at Beauty and Personal Grooming, saying, “these are a few rules that most successful people follow. It may not be a complete list in itself, but nevertheless some of the rules mentioned below are invaluable and if followed, bound to bring success in our life, business and in almost all walks of life. 1) Begin with that for which you have talent. 2) Centralize your energies.”
- Baily Hayden presents 25 Fitness Gadgets that Can Improve Your Health posted at Phlebotomy Technician Programs, saying, “If you are looking for ways to improve your health, boosting your fitness level and improving your eating habits, it is possible to use technology in the process. There are a number of gadgets that can help you create a fitness plan, monitor your progress and even celebrate when you meet your goals.”
- Natalie Thomas presents 80 Effective Exercises You Can Do At Your Desk posted at Physical Therapy Assistant Schools, saying, “So many of us spend eight hours or more a day at our desks or cubicles, why not find 30 minutes there? The article has 80 effective exercises you can do at your desk to help. Take a look and have your co-workers envying you in no time.”
- Steve Faber presents Weight Lifting Programs for Women posted at Weight-Lifting-Programs, saying, “The proper weight lifting program can be invaluable to help women get in better physical condition, without making them look like a bodybuilder.”
- Madeleine Begun Kane presents Yet Another Tax Humor Piece: Interactive Taxes posted at Mad Kane’s Humor Blog.
- Arati Mishra55 presents Top 50 ProAthletes on Twitter Worth Following posted at sports management, saying, “The top 50 pro athletes listed were based upon their Twitter popularity, but the number of the most popular sports is limited to ten, and baseball and tennis are combined for a total of five Twitter users in those two sports.”
- Samantha Marks presents Softball Quotes Get You Pumped For The Game posted at TheProSportsFan.
stay young from the inside out
- Luz presents Is Sugar Causing Your Wrinkles? posted at Fitnessluz.
- Natalie Thomas presents 25 Longevity Secrets Learned From the Blue Zones posted at Surgical Technician Schools, saying, “The top three killers of Americans including heart attack, cancer, and stroke are much lower here. In addition, not only are life years extended, but healthy life years as well. Women can also expect a much more pleasant trip through menopause.”
- ioventuresinc.com presents PERLESH TREATMENT OPTIONS posted at Angular Cheilitis, saying, “Do you have chapped lips? Do you find it painful to open or close your mouth? Perlesh is a condition wherein cracks or fissure or lesions develop on your lips or along the corners of your mouth. This skin condition is also sometimes referred to as cheilosis, angular stomatitis or angular cheilitis”
- Lou Macabasco presents 25 Secrets To Good Life posted at Live Life to the Fullest, saying, “The secret to good life is a life that’s lived to the fullest.”
photo credit which way to go?